Thursday, September 4, 2014

Flossy Reviews: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?

Guys, my (imaginary) BFF wrote a book! It actually came out a couple years ago but I just now got around to reading it. I was given a pretty cool opportunity thanks to BirchBox to review it for you all. 

Not at the risk of sounding creepy but ever since I discovered Mindy Kaling, I knew I wanted to be BFFs with her. First off, she's hilarious - like spit your wine out of your mouth, have to hold on to your seat hilarious. She has awesome style. Evidence of that is her Kenzo dress from the Emmy's recently. Bangin'. She's amazingly successful. Every great friend wants a hardworking BFF and not because she wants to ride on her coattails but because she truly believes in all that she does and wants the best for her. Mindy was an actress and a writer for The Office, she has her OWN show, The Mindy Project, she's been in movies, and now her own book. 


Mindy Kaling at the 2014 Emmy Awards in Kenzo

BFFs are usually brought together because of something they have in common. For me and Mindy, I would say if we were to ever meet we would chat about our eventual hope to friend Beyonce, our great gift of memorizing credit card numbers because we shop online too much, gaining the freshman 15 back in the day, and our love of food. But those are just some jumping off points. 

My girl wasn't born wildly successful though. She talks you through a fun collection of stories from her life since her chubby, adolescent phase up until she becomes famous. All of her flaws and embarrassing stories make her that more charming. 

This book was an easy, light-hearted beach read. I highly recommend if you're looking for something to help you embrace little flaws. I often caught myself blatantly LOLing.


Have any of you read Mindy's book? Do you plan on digging in? I'd love to know!

Until next time...stay flossy!
xxA 

Muchas gracias to BirchBox for sending me a copy of Mindy's book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment