Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The Working Girl



So, I have been a little MIA the past week or so. My excuse is that I started a new, grown-up job. It's daunting starting at a new place. I still don't have a badge with a terrible picture of myself on it yet so I have to wear one of those tacky visitor ones. I just got a desk this past Wednesday and on Friday they gave me a laptop. Do you want to know the first thought that popped into my head when they gave it to me? "I HAVE to buy a new bag to carry this around in." 

I never felt more like Isla Fisher in Confessions of a Shopaholic. Ya know, the scene where she goes to the sample sale and promises herself she won't buy anything unless she needs it? She proceeds to pick up a pair of gloves and justifies only buying them because she has fingers. Fun fact: That is one of my favorite movies. I haven't read the book though. 


I have been on the hunt the past couple days searching for a bag that says "I'm fabulous but still take my work seriously." I'm sure my new co-workers don't read that far into the work bag a young girl is carrying but you never know. I was looking for a bag that was large enough to hold my work belongings but still had structure and defined shape. I can't just throw my things into a potato sack and call it a day. 

Here is where my research lead me.


one | Jetsetter Backpack, Henri Bendel. Navy blue with gold hardware. Great for travel or work. Almost has a bit of a nautical feel to it. Just imagine that your office is now a yacht and work won't seem so bad, eh? $278

two | Reptile Embossed Work Tote, Daily Look. Ivory color with gold details. Simple and chic. Could I carry a white bag on the daily? Heck no but props to those of you that do! $75

three | London Leather, Francine Collection. Cognac color. This is great color for Fall but it's also a timeless piece. I can see something like this lasting years if you take good care of it. $200

four | Croc Textured Work Tote, Merona Collection. Taupe color. This is a flashy metallic piece with good structure at an even better price point. $35

five | Paris Pebbled Leather Shopper, Knomo. Black with gold hardware. This bag has a casual, sporty look. Great for everyday + weekend. $295

six | Heather Top Handle Briefcase, Ivanka Trump. Stone color. I love this bag. The outside is very pristine and sweet and the inside says "let's get down to business." So many compartments and pockets. I think I am leaning towards this one as my fave! $175

Do any of you working ladies carry briefcases or bags to work? Have any advice for me? Fill me in! 

Until next time, stay flossy!

xx, A


No comments:

Post a Comment