Wednesday, September 17, 2014

#WCW



I never, ever indulge in these types of social media frivolities but today I am making an exception. Please pay no mind to my occasional Throwback Thursday Instagram posts. I must think they're pretty cool if I am putting them on display for all the world to see. Who wouldn't want to see my soccer picture from age 5? I was so adorable. 

Now where was I? Ahh yes, my #WCW. I never had one before AKA I never hashtagged "#WCW" on a picture but here I am professing before you all the ever-so-popular "girl crush." I did some research (if that's even possible) on #WCW and went to my best source - not you, Wikipedia - Urban Dictionary! 


Please be my BFF, Fergie?

I guess you could say I have always been pretty fond of Fergie. Once upon a time, my best friend Annmarie and I took jobs as VIP cater waiters just because we heard we would get the chance to wait on Fergie and the Black Eyed Peas. We did get to meet them and they were the coolest people on earth. Fergie is so much shorter and tinier in person! This was when their song "I Got a Feeling" just came out and was huge. It was one of the most energetic performances I had ever seen. I couldn't stop dancing. Former Cater Waiter Boss - if you're reading this: was my Taylor Swift-esque dancing the reason I was never hired for another catering gig again?




Alright, rewind to September 13, 2006 AKA 8 years ago this week! Fergie's album The Dutchess was released!! If it wasn't for that album, The Flossy would be nonexistent! Come to think of it, I should probably start building a Fergie shrine or something in my closet Helga Pataki-style. In my eyes, Fergie did no wrong. She was a little hood but still feminine - am I allowed to use those two words in the same sentence? It's a toss up for my favorite Fergie song between Glamorous (duh) and Big Girls Don't Cry (wasn't that everyone's favorite?). Rumors are swirling that she is planning a follow up album. If she uses the word "flossy" somewhere in it, I'm game. 

So, cheers to The Dutchess, to Fergie, the next eight years and, to the flossy flossy. 

Until next time...

xxA

No comments:

Post a Comment