Thursday, August 7, 2014

Eye of the Tiger

Some utilize glasses as only a way to improve their vision. I however not only use them to improve my (awful) vision but I use my specs to make a statement. Glasses and sunnies are my favorite accessory and have been ever since my mother handed me my first pair of Burberry sunglasses. I could hear the angels sing when she handed me that plaid-covered case. 

I am fortunate enough to have, what I like to call, my own personal optical stylist AKA my mom. She works at an optometry office and always has first dibs on what is going to be the hottest look for us four-eyes. So I sent a bat signal to her about what's going to be in for this fall/winter. Her reply via iMessage, "Big nerdy plastics. Flat metals and lots of prints on temples. Clear plastic frames." My mission was loud and clear. I needed to find the cutest frames or all of humanity would be gone forever...or I chalked it up to something like that. 




1. CHANEL - Clear Acetate with metal chain link details. Karl can do no wrong. I'll take one pair to wear everyday and another just to stare at longingly. Details Here

2. TORY BURCH - Mixed Media in vintage tortoise. Here's the flat metals we're talking about and these ones are in a fun color! Details Here

3. WARBY PARKER - Kimball in marzipan tortoise. These are probably my favorite. They are bold but not too aggressive. Details Here

4. VERSACE - Black and gold with textured sides. Classic look. Can't go wrong here. Perfect for the office. Details Here

5. BURBERRY - Beige color with signature plaid print on inside. These would look great on someone with dark or olive skin tones. Details Here

Want to see how the celebs are wearing their other set of eyes?

Anne Hathaway is picture perfect nerdy chic at an appearance. 
Must be girls night in with gal pals Ashley Benson and Selena Gomez. Lookin' Cute, Hanna Marin! 
Jaime King looking exquisite in a clear frame that compliments all of her soft facial features. 

Glasses are no longer just a necessity. They are a statement accessory. Not just something we throw on before we go to bed at night. Work 'em into your look, ladies! You may have to try on 50 pairs of frames before you find the "one" but it will be worth it! Many online stores, like Warby Parker, are offering home try-on programs. They will send you several pairs of frames and let you keep the frame you like and send back the ones you don't for no extra cost. I hope this post gave you some inspiration for your next pair of glasses. Tag me on +Instagram in your glasses - @TheFlossy_com. I wanna seeee! 

Until next time...stay flossy!

xxA

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12684575/?claim=x9m9bw6tyf2">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment